Membership in BBK Marburg-Mittelhessen e.V.
Who can become a BBK member?
- Admission is granted to those who can prove that they have completed a university degree in the visual arts at a German art academy or a comparable foreign institution.
- Admission is open to those who can provide evidence of professional exhibition or publication activities or qualified artistic practice.
- Admission is granted to those who are already members of another district or state association of the BBK.
A commission of the respective regional association usually decides on admission.
The admission procedure takes place once every six months.
Please send your completed application to the following e-mail address: infobbk-marburgde
You can download the required application documents here.
Advantages of membership
By becoming a member of a BBK association, you receive important profession-specific information and at the same time support its work and commitment. As a professional association of visual artists, the BBK sees itself as a community of solidarity that promotes the visual arts and the interests of visual artists nationwide and beyond Germany's borders.
As a member
- ... you will receive the latest information on calls for entries, grants, competitions, etc. via the website (sometimes with exclusive publication) and via the newsletter of the BBK-Bundesverband.
- ... we will send you the BBK magazine kultur politik with current profession-specific information and main topics on a quarterly basis. The price is part of the membership fee.
- ... we inform you regularly about our events and projects.
- ... you can order the ProKunsT. Handbuch Bildende Kunst - Steuern - Verträge - Rechtsfragen at a preferential member price.
- ... the IGBK issues the International Artist Card of the International Association of Art (IAA) to BBK members at the price of 10 Euros (otherwise 35 Euros), which allows free or reduced admission to numerous museums and exhibition houses worldwide.
- ... the Künstlersozialkasse considers the membership in the BBK as confirmation of a professional artist status, which may have a favorable influence on an aspired membership in the KSK.
- ... you will receive support in profession-specific questions and social matters, e.g. through further information or the referral to counseling centers
As a member you support your professional association
- … in improving the framework conditions for artistic work and in maintaining contacts with federal ministries, political parties and subordinate authorities as well as with representatives of the committees of the European Union.
- … in lobbying for art in architecture (guidelines, circle of experts, association for the promotion of building culture, advice to members), ffor the preservation of artists' estates, for the safeguarding of the artists' social security fund and many other topics specific to the profession.
- … in the expansion of the field of cultural education, among other things through the funding program „Kultur macht stark. Alliances for Education".
- … in public relations work to improve the framework conditions for artistic work via symposia, publications, the magazine kultur politk, the website, the monthly newsletter and social media.
- … in representing interests in bodies such as the Verwertungsgesellschaft Bild-Kunst, the Internationale Gesellschaft der bildenden Künste (IGBK), the Künstlersozialkasse, the Stiftung Kunstfonds, the Deutscher Kulturrat, the Deutscher Kunstrat, the Initiative Urheberrecht (Copyright Initiative), the Initiative Ausstellungsvergütung (Exhibition Compensation Initiative), etc.